Watch for Concerts, Magic, & more coming up!
At Rialto Theater, we continue to monitor and respond to the COVID-19 outbreak impacting our community.
Our Plans for Safety of Audience and Performers
4. We will provide multiple touchless hand sanitizer stations throughout the lobby and restrooms.
6. Disinfectant wipes & touch-free hand sanitizers will be available in the theater for patrons that wish to sanitize for their own peace of mind.
7. Bathrooms will be sanitized before the show and before intermission.
10. Encouraged but not required. Texas State guidlines are: Consider wearing cloth face coverings (over the nose and mouth) when entering a performance hall, or when within 6 feet of another person who is not a member of the individual’s household. If available, individuals should consider wearing non-medical grade face masks.
We will request all who may be feeling symptomatic in any way to not attend and to reschedule for a future performance when they feel better. Our ticketing policies will be relaxed to allow for late exchanges if necessary.
Ticket and Concession Counters
Concession counter -
a. On top of following existing food handling protocols additional training required for staff/volunteers work the concession stand specifically on how we will give the food to the patrons.
b. Contactless payment will be encouraged but only one person takes or distributes money.
c. Only one volunteer will work the popcorn popper and may not hand the popcorn to the patron, instead it will be set on a counter as ordered so that the patron can retrieve themselves.
d. Only one volunteer will fill the drinks and straws which are individually wrapped in paper. The drinks and straws will be placed on the counter as ordered to be picked up by the patron.
e. Candy bars are behind the counter and given to the patron as ordered instead of them being allowed to pick it up themselves.
f. Social distance markers are placed on the floor to encourage social distancing while in line.
Backstage Safety for Performers and Crew During Rehearsal or Performance
1. Those attending rehearsal and while backstage will be asked to wear a protective mask when possible. Anyone at rehearsal or backstage will be asked to maintain this 6 foot distance from anyone else at rehearsal or backstage. The Stage Manager will monitor and enforce this policy.
2. Anyone attending rehearsal or arriving for performances will be checked for fever before being allowed into rehearsal or backstage. If fever exists, that person will not be permitted into the Rialto Theater property. If anyone associated with the show feels ill in any way, especially if they exhibit any of the symptoms of COVID-19, they are asked to notify the Stage Manager and to remain away as long as they are symptomatic. In cases where it is warranted, the person will be encouraged to be tested. The Stage Manager will monitor and enforce this policy.
3. Anyone attending rehearsal or arriving for performances will be asked to frequently wash hands with soap and water, to use hand sanitizer which will be provided in ample amounts after coughing, sneezing or touching their face, to cough or sneeze into a tissue or their elbow, and to maintain a safe distance from others in attendance at all times. The Stage Manager will monitor and enforce this policy.
4. Everyone on the Rialto Theater property during rehearsals and backstage at performances will be asked to apply extra vigilance in maintaining distance from and avoiding contact with others in attendance. The Stage Manager will be the representative for the Company in all matters relating to these guidelines and will be the on site authority for ensuring full and complete compliance from all.
5. Cast and crew sizes backstage will be kept to an absolute minimum. No one but cast and crew will be permitted backstage.
6. All parts of Rialto facilities in use will receive constant thorough anti-bacterial cleaning with a particular emphasis on areas that are frequently used and touched such as doors and door knobs. This cleaning policy will be maintained via a predetermined schedule which will be monitored and adhered to by Rialto custodial staff.
We are all in this together
In such a unique situation we appreciate your patience as we go through this process.
Stay safe & well!
Russ & Suzy Walker